The morning of his actual birthday I hung some decorations and he opened his presents from his Daddy and I. He had a blast.
Seeing his presents
Pretty excited, I just love his face. So classic Dallin. Just seeing these pictures makes me want to kiss his little cheeks. I just love him.
Getting his birthday crown.
Daddy reading all the things we love about Dallin to his class.
Playing with the dragon Grandpa and Grandma Johnson got him.
Love his face, he was so excited to have his cake.
Blowing out his candles.
I just had to post this photo of Blake. This is how messy they get at pretty much every meal. I do not like cleaning up after them, but it is pretty entertaining.
A few days later we had a party for Dallin with all his little friends he wanted to invite. He had a blast and I think it turned out really great. It was so good to see him giggling and laughing and just having fun with some friends. That is what a birthday party is all about.
We had spaceships and rocketship cupcakes and cookies for his party. When we lit his candles to blow out, it lit on of the spacehip decorations on fire! OOPS! Dallin blew out his candles, but Daddy had to quickly extinguish the other flame. It was a close call, but it made it more exciting that's for sure. He had a great birthday.
Things we love and know about Dallin at age 4!!!!
1. Dallin can read one vowel words. As long as the word isn't too long, he can sound out just about anything :)
2. Dallin loves robots, dogs, cars, rocketships and ninja turtles. He also loves pretty much any superhero.
3. Dallin is a sweetheart, he loves his bothers and parents and is constantly telling us, kissing us and showing us how much he loves us.
4. Dallin is 43 1/2 inches tall. If we went to Disneyland he could ride almost anything.
5. Dallin wears a size 12 shoe now. He is getting too big. Please stop growing.
6. Dallin can play soccer really well....I mean really well. He can kick in stride and slide to a kick like no ones business.
7. Dallin still is a picky eater, only eats bread, peanut butter, milk, organe juice and crakers. He will eat anything that is chocolate almost, but will not eat fruits, vegetables, meat, ice cream, cake with frosting or pretty much anything that is wet, gooey or too "weird" as he says.
8. Dallin can now get himself ready for bed, he bathes himself, dressed himself, and brushes his own teeth all on his own.
9. Dallin is so curious. I get asked 20 questions a hundred times a day. He is learning and absorbing everything we tell him like a sponge. He often will recall things I tell him days later, as if he has always known it :)
10. Dallin can count to 20 and most days much higher.
11. Dallin is a great helper. He helps me load and unload the dishwasher. He cleans his own room and brings his laundry to the laundry room. He helps me sweep and he loves to help me mop. He always clears his own plates at dinner time.
12. Dallin is polite and a gentleman. He always asks to be excused from the table after eating wether at home, eating out or at someone's house. He insists on opening my doors and does so as often as possible.
13. Dallin has a contagious smile. His smile lights up the room and I just adore it.
14. Dallin now lets me cut his hair without whining or crying. He is so brave and sits still for me.
15. Dallin loves to play with his brothers and asks if he can play with them often. They are always together, but he still always asks to play with them ;)
16. Dallin says wonderful prayers now. At meals, in the morning before we split off for our days and every night before bed. He never forgets and will always pray before doing any of these things.
17. Dallin loves to change his clothes. Oh my, he can change clothes more often than I change diapers, and that is alot.
18. Dallin loves to play in the dirt and will do so whenever I let him. Our neighbor boy WIll and him love to get dirty and play in the dirt hill behind our house.
19. Dallin has an amazing imagination. He tells me stories and plays with me in the most amazing ways. He can imagine up anything he wants to.
20. Dallin is a total Daddy's boy. All is right in the world when Daddy comes home. He prefers his daddy to tuck him in at night, play with him and take care of him over mommy any day of the week. He adores his daddy and his Daddy adores him.