Recent Posts

Thursday, September 4, 2008

baby bumpers!

So we got to hear the baby's heart beat just a little over 3 weeks ago and tomorrow we get to hear it again. Last time it was beating so fast, 165 beats per minute, man it's little heart can sure go! It is so amazing to me. Our baby is just a little over the size of a shrimp, how crazy!!! I can't even believe how crazy it is to know there is a little baby bumper growing inside of me.
Before I was pregnant I thought it was so unbelievable, and now that I am, it is more than unbelievable, it is super surreal. Another human life is growing inside of me and I couldn't feel more blessed to be a part of this great wonder of giving life to another. It really is amazing.
Joe is getting super pumped to be a father and I couldn't be more happy with it. He is going to be a great dad. We got an ultrasound to find out how far along I was and we got to see the baby moving and it's heartbeat. The technician asked us if we could see it's heart pumping, and I could right away. Joe said he could, but after the appointment he hung his head and said, "I couldn't see the heartbeat, I lied." How funny is that? It's okay Joe:) We have plenty of opportunities to see the baby in the future:) So tomorrow will be fun to hear the heartbeat again. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi! I'm adding you to my blog.

The Carlsens said...

Hello! yay! We are excited for you two! Love ya!

The Carlsens said...

Get ready for the circus!!!

The Battisti Family said...

Heather! I was wondering if you had a blog, so glad you do! I just started one too! Can't wait to find out the gender of your baby! I'm so excited for you! How are along are you? Oh, and awesome photo for flirty aprons (saw it on Jamie's blog). Anyway, wish we could talk forever about babies at work...but glad we're not working. just miss the time to chat. keep in touch!