Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And we are having.....

Hello Everyone!
So last week was an exciting week for Joe and I. We got to find out what our little baby's gender is going to be. It was so exciting to see our baby so clearly for the first time... so without further ado, I would like to introduce Dallin Carter Hansen...




















He is already kicking so much and I am only 19 weeks. It has been so surreal to feel him moving and kicking inside of me. He is a pretty active baby and so far I think he is going to be really strong.
I wanted a baby girl so bad, but once I found out we were having a boy, I was so excited! Just having a baby is so wonderful, and I am so looking forward to raising this little one. We are pretty set on his name already. Dallin Carter Hansen, it has a nice ring to it. Of course, we want to see what he looks like when he is born, he could look completely different to us then. So far so good though, Dallin Carter is sounding just right.
It has been a rough pregnancy so far, I have been so sick and so tired, but it has been so worth it. When I saw him moving inside of me on this ultrasound, I admit, I got a little choked up. I am feeling so blessed for this opportunity and I can't wait for him to come.
Joe and I are always talking about what he might look like. My sister Crystal said the profile on her ultrasound of little Calvin, was pretty accurate to the profile he has now. I think Dallin's little profile is pretty cute. I just wonder if he will have hair!!! I would love it if he looks just like Joe did when he was little. Joe was a Cutie, with a capital C. What a little knock out he was.
It will be interesting to see how the physical traits that both Joe and I have will come into play with our little Dallin. I am so excited to see how he will turn out.

ON a different note. I made a BYU cake for Joe's birthday, it was over a month ago, but I wanted to post my first attempt ever at decorating a cake....it is pretty bad, but Joe loved it, and so that is all that I care about. I plan on getting better though.














Joe with his Cake











Joe blowing out the candles.

The cake turned out baby blue instead of Navy Blue. I don't think I could have made it Navy blue even if I wanted to. I poured half a bottle of blue dye in the frosting and it stayed the baby blue color. My hands were dyed blue for like two days after.
Anyways that is it for now, we are so excited for Dallin Carter to come!!!!!

3 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Those are great ultrasound pictures! That is really good that he was cooperating so you could get such great pictures! Dallin Carter, Tyson can't wait to meet you!

Bernice Madsen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Little boys are sooooo much fun. But of course, I guess I'm a little biased. ;o) I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the next trimester is better for ya.

Grandma Hansen said...

What a cute little shaver! We are thrilled to share this experience through your blogs. Grandpa Hansen and I already love this little guy and want to have him visit us. I'm so proud of you Heather for your loving attitude. Dallin knows you love him. What a wonderful way to begin life!