Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dallin and Weight loss


Dallin is getting so big. This picture is of him at his 4 week mark. He is going to be 6 weeks tomorrow, so I will have to post another picture of him then too! He is just so cute.
Dallin is a pretty calm baby and we love him so much! He doesn't give us much trouble, and he is just learning how to smile. I love to get him up in the morning because he is starting to greet me with a super cute smile. He is starting to stand on his legs now and they are sure strong!! He loves to suck on his pacifier now, which makes falling asleep even easier for him. He is a joy and such a blessing to have. We are so grateful to have him in our family.
I am still trying to loose my baby weight! I am taking up yoga in hopes to boost my flexibilty and to help tone up some much need flab:) I have been using my elipitical for 30 minutes every day since Dallin was 2 weeks old. I haven't seen much improvement yet on the scale, but I do see some changes in my appearance. I have never been over weight before and exercise was always easy. I don't enjoy it, but I do love the challenge that it gives me to loose this weight and to feel good while I do it. I was....I can't believe I am telling everyone this....but I was 194 lbs. when I came home from the hospital and now I am 167 lbs. I just have 30 more to loose til I am at my pre-pregnancy weight....lets start the count down...
On other news, the business is going great. Joe is at the office daily making sure it runs and grows so that I can stay home with Dallin. What a blessing! I have always thought it was so important to be home with your children, and now I get to! I love it. We are so blessed!

4 comments:

Rileigh said...

I love my little nephew! you are both so beautiful!

The Battisti Family said...

He's a cutie...I think he looks like you. Oh and about the weight, I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but I pretty much didn't loose anything for like 7 months (I wasn't trying all that hard b/c I was nursing and I couldn't think about dieting b/c I need to produce all the milk I could b/c I'm not a big producer). Anyway, at 7 months, it all came off in like 2 weeks. Pretty much w/o hardly trying. So, I don't know what you are doing about the nursing thing, but it does help and just hang in there, it will come off. I finally got to pre pregnancy weight or even a little smaller and then it has stayed off for the most part. I know it is different for everyone but hang it there and don't stress about it too much...it'll come off. I'm sure you're loving being a mom...it's the best huh! Glad he is sleeping so well for ya'll.

Rachael said...

Heather your little guy is just so cute! I'd love to see him. We've moving in 10 days so I need to see him soon!! I'm glad you're loving motherhood...it just gets better and better. Not that I'm that much more experienced! Take care! (you look great by the way!)

Sarah Rockwood said...

Wow, We didn't even hear you guys had him already. Congratulations. He is so sweet. We are glad he is a good baby for you guys. Hope all is well.

The Rockwoods