Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We did the Monster Mash

Happy Halloween!

The Friday before Halloween, Joe and I and Dallin went to a pumpkin patch with our friends Brian and Ashley and their son Tyson. It was fun to walk through the patch with Dallin. Every pumpkin was a "ball." He had fun...I think. Joe and Dallin found their pumpkins...which Joe later exchanged for some better ones by the cash register...lol.

Dallin was a Dragon for Halloween. I bought the costume without him there, and found out later that the costume was much too small. But there were no exchanges, so I had to make due. Dallin was growling all night. It was adorable.
Dallin loved the candy. His Grandma and Grandpa Johnson gave him a bunch of candy. His favorite was his very own bag of candy corn, which he carried around with him for the first 20 minutes after arriving at their house.

I made sure to brush his teeth really good that night. I think he ate his body weight in sugar.

We took him trick or treating. I loved to hear his little voice say "tant tou" after each person gave him some candy.

I loved to watch Dallin and his daddy walk hand in hand while Dallin's dragon tail swayed side to side with each step.

I love the look on Dallin's face when he poured out all his candy after the night. It was sheer joy.

I most of all loved how he was just so excited to have his candy that he could not sit still for even one picture.

( us trying to take a family pic, but Dallin wouldn't stay still and Joe's eyes are almost always closed...hahaha)

3 comments:

Rileigh said...

This is amazing. I love everything about it. So fun!

Matt and Suzanne said...

AH! Dallin the Dragon, I absolutely love it. Such a memorable halloween. I especially loved your family picture, ha ha. Super funny. Oh, and yes on the grace modeling thing. Just another great excuse to get together. :) Looks like I need to call you, I need more details on this businees. :)!

The Carlsens said...

Gotta admit. We missed doing Halloween with you guys this year. It is so fun when they really start to get the whole trick or treat thing. I contemplated getting Tyson that exact Dragon costume till I found Nemo. Love you guys!

So I was watching Beauty and the Beast last night and I totally think it would be hilarious if Joe dressed up as Gauston. I was laughing just thinking about it! If you haven't watched the movie in awhile you just gotta!