Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

He turned 2!!!!

THE BIRTHDAY BOY

Dallin had his birthday on Saturday! He had fun opening presents over Skype with Grandma and Grandpa Hansen. We had a birthday party for him that night. I made a Lightning McQueen cake for him. We all wore birthday hats. I think we looked like a bunch of crayons...haha.

Dallin and his cake
Opening presents on Skype
Opening presents at party



My mom and sister in their hats
Everyone in their hats...lol seriously...we look like crayons!
Dallin and my sister April
Crazy Party Animals
(look closely at my dad, he is so hilarious)
The CAKE
Celebrating his birthday while Grandma and Grandpa were here in February!!

Blowing out his candles
My boys
I think Dallin had fun on his birthday. I was somewhat stressed, but it all turned out well. Even after a burnt cake, a destroyed redo and a patched up third...(yes, I made it twice!) his cake turned out and I was able to deliver. He got so many wonderful presents, so many wonderful hugs and so many wonderful memories. Happy Birthday Dallin, WE love you bunches!!!

2 year stats:
Height: 38 inches, 99th percentile
(he will be tall)
Weight 28.5 lbs., 50th percentile.

Our boy is growing like a weed. I know someday he will outgrow me and probably even Joe. It just seems so far away, but I am sure that I will look back on this entry and think, umm...no way, it came too quick. He is learning and growing so fast and I am just so proud of him.

Dallin can say many words, but his favorite words to say are doggie, frogs, cars, zoom zoom, mommy, daddy, play, outside, more, milk, Juice, all done, please and thank you. I think Dallin says around 200 words now, give or take a few. He is one smart cookie that is for sure. He loves to run, play outside in the dirt and play cars.

Dallin just started to play pretend. He will take his cars and pretend that they talk. He will drive one up to me and say "Hello", and give me a car too. I will play cars with him, both of us talking to each other. I love his little imagination. He now can take any item and pretend it is something else. Love this about him.

Dallin loves to snuggle and give me kisses. He loves to tickle me and be tickled. He loves his Daddy and runs to the window when he comes home. He loves to play and wrestle with his Daddy and ride him like a horsey. We love our sweet boy and all he is learning and becoming.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Heather, I'm super impressed with your cake. That's a lot of work! Way to go :) Jackson LOVES Lightning McQueen too. How would feel about making another cake and shipping in my way in about 4 weeks? Ha! jk-- it sounds like it wasn't the funnest experience. Happy Birthday Dallin. You're the cutest!

Suzanne said...

Oh! I loved that last picture of the boys. So handsome! :) What a fun party you had. I can't believe Dallin is TWO, happy, happy birthday! That cake is the cutest!

Grandma Hansen said...

We had a blast with you guys. Dallin is so fun to play with. Thanks for including us in an early birthday celebration. Handy that you bought those delicious cupcakes!

The Carlsens said...

The cake was awesome. You're so good at so many things, honest! Thanks for coming on Sunday.

Dallin is so fun and I love that he is obsessed with Lightning McQueen. I love it when they get into something and love it so much. He still doing good in that new bed?

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! Ugh, I hate it that time is flying so fast. He is absolutely adorable. Love the birthday party pictures!

Grandma Hansen said...

Heather, I saw a cake at a specialty bakery in North Carolina online that looks just like yours. Shows how good you are at designing everything. They charge a minimum of $100 for their cakes....when I saw it I said "that's Heather's cake!"