Recent Posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

Days go by....


I came across this picture today and was shocked. Dallin was so small, and yet, I remember this day perfectly and this photo being taken. I remember thinking "he is so heavy, my hip is going to be bruised from carrying around all this squishy goodness all day!". Crazy.

When I look at this picture today, now almost 1 1/2 years later I can not believe how small he looks. He was nearly 6 months old here and he used to nestle right into my shoulder easily and yet, his little feet still didn't reach my thigh. Today he is eye to eye with me when I hold him, and he is constantly kicking my thighs when I hold him. Time flies and they grow way too fast! I love this little boy so very much and I am so proud of the little boy he is becoming. I know one day he will be a boy and not a little boy, and then that boy will become a man and I will be a grandmother. It is so crazy to think, but like my mom said, it seems just like yesterday that she was holding me in her arms as an infant and now she is holding my own children in her arms. Days fly by and years keep on coming. I hope that I cherish these days and years I have with my Dallin boy and appreciate them for what they are. I can never go back and spend more time with him. I can never go back and play blocks with him more or cars or trains with him more. I hope I take each day for what it is. A gift. A wonderful gift with my family. I love you Dallin. And I love you Joe....don't forget it:)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love that picture, such cute hats! I totally have been thinking about this lately too. Great post, hope you are doing well!