Recent Posts

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring has Sprung....maybe?

I sure hope Spring is here to stay.
I mowed the lawn today, cleared off our back porch and broke out the hammock.
Oh I sure do hope that it is here to stay. oh yes I doobaly do.

The sun was fantastic this morning. I got to just work outside and take in it's rays. It has been a long time since we did that eh Dallin?

Dallin loves to be outside and it is so much more enjoyable when it is sunny. Today while I mowed the lawn he took turns running from it, stopping when it got far enough away that it didn't scare him, and then running as fast as he could in the opposite direction with a look of terror on his face, when he got close to it, or if I got close to him. We played this little game of cat and mouse the entire time I mowed. I laughed pretty hard.

Dallin ate dirt.

Dallin got muddy.

Dallin put rocks in in pockets.

Dallin smashed grass into his hair.

Dallin pretended the broom was a sword and jabbed his mommy.

Dallin found a potato bug and tried to eat it.

Dallin played cars and planes and crashed them into the tree stump.

Fun stuff.

I love mornings like this. I definitely think I am a earthy person. I love to mow the lawn, work in the garden, pull weeds, prune trees. I just love working with the earth and the dirt. I love getting dirt under my fingers nails. Weird? Maybe, but it gives me so much joy.

Dallin gives me joy too. So does Joe. Joe was working while I was outside and I missed him dearly. I wish his back was good enough to work the earth with me. Maybe sometime soon he will be fixed and we can be earth movers together.

(dallin last summer walking throught the grass)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Way to go Heather! That's some great yard work you did. Dallin is adorable. And I'm with you-- I hope Spring stays for reals this time. Utah has had WAY too much snow. So weird.

Suzanne said...

I still remember that sweet picture! Melts my heart. Glad you guys are finally getting some great weather, it makes you appreciate it that much more! Hope you guys are doing well!

The Carlsens said...

I am totally impressed that you mowed the lawn. I bet Brian will be jealous when I tell him that. When we have a house I can pretty much guarantee you that I'll never mow the lawn!

You should come up here sometime next week and play on the playground with us!

Rileigh said...

Being outside is good for you. I think it is wonderful that you are so talented in the yard. Mother Earth Thanks you! Can't wait to watch our kids dig up the beach together this summer. Counting down the days!

Kevin + Marcy said...

Hi, Heather!! I just received my cute aprons in the mail today. It made my afternoon to see your message on the package. We are doing really well and it seems as though you guys are doing the same. So glad to see how happy you all are! Cheers! :) M. Upp