Recent Posts

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Birth through 2 weeks

(3 days old) 

So I have been really really bad at updating my blog.  The past months have been, shall we say, super busy.  I haven't had time to even think about writing on here, but I want so badly to record everything so I never forget it.  The last time I posted the twins were born.  Wow, so much has happened since then.  For one, they are 3 months old now and super chunky.   We will get to those pictures another day, right now I want to make sure I record their first few weeks of life.  The picture above is their first day home from the hospital.  Aren't they cute?  They weighed under 7 lbs by the time they came home. Pretty good for twins if you ask me.  It was hectic adjusting to life with two new babies.  Dallin kept me busy to begin with, and now I had to throw two babies into the mix.  I had to learn quickly how to adapt and how to function with them in our lives.  It was hectic, but so amazing.  They got on a schedule quickly and they started to sleep well.  Blake and Matthew were messy eaters, but Blake struggled to learn to suck.  His sucking reflex was not strong from day one, and to this day, that has been a huge cause for anxiety for me. I always worry he is getting enough to eat.  But, they are gaining weight like champions and so far are a whopping 14 lbs. each.  They are my cute chunkers!
 I had daddy take some photos with them on day 5.  They were so snuggly and cute.  They already had a strong twin bond and calmed right down when they were next to each other.

 Dallin the big brother fixing their room up.  He has been such an AWESOME older brother.  He loves his brothers so much and doesn't hesitate to tell them so.  He loves to tickle them, make them giggle, he even likes to help me feed them.  This last about 2.5 seconds before he says his arm hurts and I must hold the bottle, but so cute nonetheless.  Mom and Dad Hansen came into town to help me before and after the twins were born.  Lifesaver I tell you.  I don't know what I would have done without them.  They are the most giving people I know, and I couldn't be luckier to have in laws like them.
 Dallin flying a kite with his Grandpa Hansen after the twins were born.
 Twins on day 5. They were already growing and starting to smile a little.  I loved to watch them be together.  They have their own looks, but still look so much like Dallin in their own ways.   Blake is mild tempered when he is awake, but if he is hungry or tired, WATCH OUT.  The boy can cry.  Matthew is a gentle soul.  He loves to snuggle and loves his pacifier.  He sleeps well, but can whine if he is not held.  Which is hard to do all the time when you have two babies demanding your attention.  They are amazing though.  I look at them and it just hits me over and over the miracle that they are.




 Twins on Day 10.  They are a week an a half old right here.  I forgot how much new borns slept.  I couldn't get enough of them though, so holding them was something I tried to do more.  There are perks to having two babies, there is always one who needs cuddlin.  I never had to share a baby this time around, there was enough baby for all.  I got my much need fix on newborn cuddles.  It was heaven.

 Dallin had a birthday right after the twins were born.  Grandpa hansen wasn't going to be here for his birthday party, so they threw him a mini party the night before Grandpa had to fly home.  He got lots of fun toys from Grandma and Grandpa and blew out some candles on his cupcakes.  He was enjoying himself quite a bit.
 It snowed just before the twins were born and Dallin and I went out in the snow.  I couldn't do much but follow him around and take pictures, but he had a blast nonetheless.




 That night, Daddy came home and played in the snow with him too.  He had fun throwing snow and tackling his daddy.  I think he likes playing in the snow with his Daddy more than his pregnant mommy.  Go figure.;)


No comments: