Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

And I'm back

I am going to get caught up, I am going to get caught up....
I just keep telling myself this, let's hope it actually happens.  So much has taken place in the last few months, so many fond memories, so many crazy little things the twins have done, and I am terrified that I haven't written any of it down, and I will forget it.  Just as I sit down to write things out, a baby will cry, or Dallin will DEMAND my attention.  There always seems to be something else I should be doing, but I want so badly to remember all the things that have happened.   I vow to write a blog post everyday, til I am caught up...Let's hope I find the time.   I don't know who even reads this anymore, but I write it for me and for my own records, so let's hope I can keep my word to myself.

Last post was about the twins blessing day.  That feels like so long ago.  They were almost 12 weeks old and they are now just a week shy of 5 months.  They are growing like weeds and winning my heart over each and everyday.  Their smiles can melt my worst worries and cut through any stress I was feeling.  I seriously love these boys so much.  I almost cry just typing these words.  I just feel so so blessed to have them in my life.  I can't believe I got so lucky.  How in the world did the Lord feel so merciful as to give me three little boys to love and cherish.  And cherish them I do.

The last few months have been so crazy, almost a blur at times, but then other times, I can't believe so much as happened.  Joe had major back surgery in May, and since then he hasn't been able to help me do anything with the twins.  He can't even pick up his own children.  I know it hurts him and his heart aches to hold them and play with them, but that time will come.  In the mean time, I have been the sole caretaker, house cleaner, nose wiper, boo-boo fixer, chef extraordinaire, and anything else you can think of.  Joe has been the money maker, thank goodness for that.  It is such a blessing he can still work laying down:)  But as the rest of the lot falls to me I have had some crazy ups and downs.  One day I feel on cloud 9 and then the next I am in tears and sobbing.  The emotions have been a real roller coaster, but you know what?  I am so thankful for all of it.   I really wouldn't change it.  Really.  Crazy I know, but I have come so much closer to my boys, to my husband and to knowing my self from serving and giving so much to them.  You really do love those you serve and I already loved them lots, and lots, so now it's just brimming over.





 My monster hunter

 Look at these faces....couldn't you just die from cuteness overload....

The twins have been amazing. They slept through the night at 9 weeks. They now sleep about 12 hours a night, from 6:30pm till around 6:30 AM.  I was ecstatic that this was happening.  It started right around the time that Joe had surgery.  Coincidence?  I think not.  They twins seriously are amazing babies. They have the cutest smiles, cutest personalities and the best giggles in the world.   They are just so miraculous to me.

Dallin is just growing and becoming so funny.  He makes me laugh so many times a day, I lose count.  He has such a quirky personality.  He loves to shoot monsters, and dresses up in his rain boots, goggles and squirt gun to hunt.  He loves to play in water and often asks me 10 or more times a day to go outside and get in the water.  He loves his brothers and is so soft and tender with them.  He loves to make them laugh and sings to them when they are sad.  My favorite is when he hums the tune to "Going Home" by Liberia.   They stop crying and always watch him with interest in their faces.  He loves his Daddy and gets so excited to do anything with Joe.  He can't do much now, but just hanging out with his Daddy IS his favorite pastime.   Dallin has developed such a gentle heart.  He is quick to kiss my owsies...I am clumsy so there are many.  He his never short on good things to say, like "mommy you are the best mommy in the whole wide world," or "You are beautiful today mommy, so beautiful."  He is such an amazing boy and I love him so very much.

Dallin starts preschool soon and my heart can hardly stand it.  I am going to miss him sooo much, but it will be so good for him to get out of the house and learn to socialize.  He has been stuck at home with a hermit mother and two little babies for way toooo long.  I am excited though, he will get to have some structure and learn to read very soon.  I can't wait to hear him read to me:)

My next update will be about the twins 3rd month of life and Dallin's victory of the the "white throne" or should we say toilet.  He is officially potty trained hooray.  Now off to feed some babies...

2 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Glad you're back!

Melanie said...

I wish I lived closer so I could help in some way! I'd love to bring a meal, help with laundry, watch kids. You're amazing to do it all but I wish I could help!