Recent Posts

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The month of June...long overdue

so getting caught up a few months back didn't exactly happen.  I haven't even blogged about the twins 4th through 6 months of life!  Yikes!

So I'll start with the month of June.

The twins were super stars around 4 months.  They didn't get sick once through the winter and spring was just about over and summer was starting.  Things were hectic trying to get used to everything and Joe's surgery put him down and out.  I remember feeling so overwhelmed, so utterly overwhelmed, but somehow with each new day, I was able to just do it.  I was able to do the feedings by myself, do the late nights by myself, the cleaning, the changing, the washing, the baths, the cooking, the laundry, the shopping and everything else that goes into being a mom, wife and church member.  I was so exhausted, but one thing I knew, was that I was very, extremely, over the top lucky.   This is what got me through each and everyday.  I had my health, I had my babies, I had my husband, a comfortable home, financial support, food to eat, water to drink.  I couldn't have asked for more.

The last few months have just made me really evaluate my life and what is really important. Made me want to be a better me. Be less judgmental and more kind.  Be less worried about getting everything done right that instant and be more patient and enjoy every moment with my kiddos.  The last few months have been an eye opener for me.

That being said, lets talk about my cute squiddgers!  (made up word):) The twinkies are doing fantastic.  At four months they were so big.

 Blake left, Matthew right
 Blakey Blake


Chunky monkey Matthew


Matthew's 4 month stats:

Weight: 14 lbs 15 oz. 47th percentile
Height: 26.5 inches, 88th percentile


Blake's 4 month stats:
Weight: 14 lbs. 2 oz., 35th percentile
Height: 26.5 inches, 89th percentile

At 4 months Matthew was starting to teeth.  I could feel the hard lumps coming through and he was not happy.  His sleeping really took a turn for the worse.  Blake was still not eating well, but by the end of this month, he was eating like a champ.  He wasn't having any sucking issues, but he was still not eating enough, but the Doctor said his weight gain was fine, and to just keep giving him a high calorie bottle.  It worked well as today he is still gaining weight fine:)

 This is how I shower every morning.  They stay pretty entertained watching Dallin goof around!


 All my boys!



 Blake 



 Matthew


 Well Hello neck!  It is starting to show!




  

Around this time the twins were super good at sleeping through the night.  Even with Matthew teething, he was a champ at night.  Naps were a different story.  I pretty much had them on the same schedule and then teething happened.  Matthew wanted to sleep when Blake did not.  One would just cry for hours while the other slept and vise versa.  It was so crazy!  I feel bad for my poor neighbors sometimes, I just hope the walls are not too thin here!

During this month we also decided that we wanted to finally start building on our lot we bought in January.  We got working on everything and finally got the ball rolling.  We wouldn't break ground for a few months more, but it was exciting to start the process of designing and dreaming.

Dallin was such a trooper this whole time.  He has been patient and so incredibly resilient.  He just takes things in stride.  He has his meltdowns for sure, but I feel so lucky to have been given such a happy and loving child.  He loves his brothers very much.

 He's got a heart of gold I tell you.

 Dallin my goofball and laugh addict.

Just some more photos of of our life in June for your viewing pleasure.
Blake left, Matthew right



 Matthew left, Blake right


Everyday is crazy, but I'm just so in love with my life and these boys of mine:)

No comments: