Recent Posts

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Birthday was....AWESOME

My birthday was on Saturday and what a day. The night before my birthday, Joe made arrangements for an all night babysitter and took me to a bed and breakfast. It was so much fun to get away!!!!
Upon entering the room I found rose petals sprinkled all over the floor bed and bathroom. There was a vase of roses waiting for me and tons of my favorite candy bar (snickers) scattered throughout the room! What an amazing man Joe is!!! The room was beautiful, with a sky painted on the ceiling and light up with lights. I felt like I was under a summer sky, so peaceful. We had a jetted tub right in the room and so we watched movies, soaked, jumped on the bed, ate lots of snickers and talked.
It was a much needed get away and I loved every minute. Joe had purchased some tennis lessons for me for Christmas and my first lesson just happened to be on my birthday. So instead of sleeping in on my birthday, I got up at 7 am and headed to my tennis lesson. IT WAS A BLAST! I think I am really going to love learning tennis. I think it is definitely my sport. After that, Joe picked me up and we went back to the bed and breakfast for some well, breakfast:) I found some notes waiting for me in the room.

The first one read "Dear Love, follow these notes to find your birthday present!".

Yeah, I was so excited, a scavenger hunt!!!

The second note was on the side of the jetted tube and said, "On our first date, we went to a place like this, but this one is in Provo."

Joe had to give me a hint, but I got it fast! On our first date we went to an outdoor Jazz concert that was in an amphitheater. There is an amphitheater on the hill south of BYU campus by the duck pond. So we ate breakfast, got ready, hopped in the car and jetted over there. I quickly found my next note, taped under one of the seats. I opened the card and read, " On our second date we went to a park, broke a pinata, played draw and even played_________". It was tick tack toe. So off we went to Rock Canyon park where our second date was. We went straight to the tic tack toe game on the play ground and found my third note.

"On our third date, we went here and I put my arms around you for the first time."

It was the Y mount hike!

So off we went.

I was worried that Joe was going to make me hike all the way to the top, but he is a sweetie and knew that might not be fun in the cold and snow. So he told me to look for the note by the gate. Taped around one of the poles on the gate was my note. This note said, " this is the place where we first held hands."

Kiwanis Park!!! So off we went. Joe first held my hand while we walked on the sidewalk just west of the parks edge. I quickly walked down the path looking for the note. It was taped right on the the gate door that swung open into the walk. That is where he first held my hand:) This note read...

"This is where we first talked about marriage, (and you called your mom and found out she already made a temple reservation)" . I needed some help with this one. We talked about marriage so many times in so many different places, that I had no clue. Joe remembers things so much better than I. But in a few minutes I figured it out! It was the Olive Garden.

So off we went. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and time chatting. My next note was there and it read....

"This is where we have had lots of firsts, especially with Dallin."

It was our house!!!!!

So off we went.

We got to the house and Joe had me shut my eyes. He guided me into the house and had me open my eyes. There in the living room was what I have wanted for a few years. A brand new beach cruiser bike! It was bright blue with a floral seat. A cute basket hung on the front and there was a little horn that hung on the other side. It is perfect.

We then loaded up our bikes, (Joe got one a couple years ago for his birthday) on our car and headed to my parents. We went on a little bike ride and picked up Dallin from my parents home.

It was awesome! I love my bike!

We then got to go to a movie (my sister babysat Dallin) and went out to eat.

We topped the night off with a little cake party at my parents house. German Chocolate cake...yummmmm ( I am salivating right now just thinking about it). It was great to end the night with my family around me.

I would say each year Joe makes my birthday even better than the year before. I love how special a day birthday's are in our little family. It makes you feel so special. Thank you for the wonderful birthday Joe! You are the best husband in the world!!!! I couldn't have asked for a more exciting, fun filled day!!!

I love you!!!

3 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!! OH what a sweetheart Joe is. That sounds like the BEST Birthday. I LOVE tennis and so does Matt, someday we should play eachother. Aren't scavenger hunts exciting?! I want to make it a yearly tradition for us. I love how he incorporated memorable places. So cute! That's awesome about your bike too, I'm jealous. I've wanted a basket with wheels for years :)...someday. Hooray for your birthday!!!

Brooke said...

That is SO cute Heather. Joe is very creative. Happy late Birthday!

TJ and Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet husband! I love the scavenger hunt, how thoughtful is that!