Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Dallin

Dallin is One!!!!! Dallin turned one years old on March 5th! 2010

I can't believe it, but its true! He had a birthday party March 3rd with all my family. We had a big dinner for him at our home and everyone brought lots of presents! Thank you everyone. We had a cake and sang to him and he got to play with all his new toys. Things were great and he was such a trooper. We had a neighbor come and our best friends Brian and Ashley and their son Tyson. All my family and my nieces and nephews came, it was a blast. Sadly, Grandpa and Grandpa Hansen couldn't come, or any of Joe's brothers and their families, but we missed them!!! They all live far far away, so they couldn't make it;(. We had a blast celebrating Dallin's First Birthday. HE got a little tuckered out, he isn't used to so much company and celebrations, but I think he had fun nonetheless.

His day stared with his favorite breakfast, his bottle...heheheh....

We had taco salad for dinner and talked and chatted. It was fun to have so many people in our house, it was crammed and small, but it was great.

After dinner, Dallin opened all his presents!!



A talking book from Aunt Crystal, Uncle Kraig and Cousin Calvin.


Opening a gift from Daddy and waiting paitently.


He loved his cars from Daddy!

Joe and I each gave Dallin a book from the series of "little creatures", we plan to read them to him every night:)

HE got this nifty Car from Grandma and grandpa Johnson!
And this awesome Shirt and many other gifts from Aunt Gwenny, Uncle Gerritt, and cousins Axel, Xander and Lacey.


We had cake.....Doggy Cake at that:) I personally made it all by myself...I am quite proud of how it turned out. I plan on doing a themed cake for each child, for each birthday.


We sang happy birthday and he blew out his candle.


We tried to get him to eat his cake and smash it for fun, but to no avail. I guess he doesn't like to get his hands dirty....









Lacey gave him some bubbles for his birthday, the kids had fun playing in them and trying to pop them. Dallin seemed in awe of the bubbles....






and a little scared at times...


All in all it was a great party and I think that he had fun!
On his actual birthday day, we had another cake for him, which he didn't smash either:(
we played all day and went for a walk, we visited DAddy at work and broke a pinata!
More to come on that soon!!!
We got some cool gifts from Grandma and grandpa Hansen, which he loves! And chatted to them on skype. They sang him happy birthday and he loved it.
We ended the day with dinner at Bajio's, which Dallin loved, not because he ate anything, but because he got to play with styrafoam cups! I loved that.
Happy Birthday Dallin! We love you!!!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

ONE!?!! How did that happen so quickly? He is the cutest Heather. I love your dog cake, ADORABLE. Maybe you should start a cake business:) I want to do that with my kids too!

Oh, and I am really excited about making your headband. I think it should be there by next week!

Grandma Hansen said...

I have been thinking about that cute cake...maybe Dallin thought he was hurting his doggie by sticking his finger in the cake...looks like you guys had a blast. I so look forward to seeing you this summer!

Brooke said...

Cute birthday pictures. I can't believe Dallin is one already, that means Jackson will be one soon too! So funny that he didn't like the cake on his hands. Ha!

Rileigh said...

So much fun. Dallin is hilarious. Wish we could have been there, and we are totally looking forward to this summer. Cake looks awesome. Joe gets a dog one way or another huh:)

Ben and Rileigh

The Carlsens said...

I can't believe he is 1 either! Can I copy you and make Tyson a dog cake? I would need your help. You know how he loves dogs. Or I could make a really easy cake into a ball.

Jamie said...

Heather, your hair looks great in these pictures! I love it all wavy and then put back like that.