Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Mother's Day this year was awesome! I got the coolest gift and it was so me. You can see me in the above picture with my rad bike Joe got me. It is pretty much the essence of me. I love it. You can't see in the picture, but it has this awesome bell that is pink and purple and orange. I love everything about this bike. I got a bike for my birthday a couple years ago, but it didn't have built in gears and so Joe always smoked me when we went for a ride. I got him a beach cruiser a couple years back, but his has gears and so he can sure change his speed much better than I. So for Mother's Day Joe decided to surprise me with this beauty! I was so excited you have no idea.

Joe surprised me Saturday morning before Mother's day, with breakfast from Kneaders. He let me sleep in and when I woke up, Dallin was in my room saying, "mommy, breakfast". I was so hungry, I got up and found my sweetie had bought me my favorite breakfast!

Then Joe let me play tennis for a couple hours with my brother Caleb. It felt so good to get out and just smash that ball. Now that I can play, it is so much fun.

Joe picked me up from the tennis courts and drove me home. When we arrived, he got out of the car with such speed I was like whoa, where is the fire!? He quickly got Dallin out of the car and in the house. I was taking my time, because I just played 2 hours of tennis. As I went up the steps, I saw the door was open, and the two of them were peeking around the corner of the door. As I pushed it open wider, they both yelled surprise. Sitting in the middle of the living room was my new bike! Oh it is such a beauty! I love it!

I had fun riding it around the block and back and trying the new bell. I am so excited for this summer. We are going on lots of bike rides. Later on that night, Joe took me to see Thor! It was awesome. I love going to movies with my sweetheart. I love to cuddle him and pretend we are dating again. So fun!

We got Bajio to go and picked up our little man from the sitters.
I got to put him to bed and sing to him. I love this about the night time. I get to be with my son and have such fun moments together as we giggle and laugh about songs and stories.

Sunday, Joe made me rolli-ups for breakfast and even taught my lesson for me in Gospel Doctrine. I love teaching, but love having a break too.

Then we headed to my mom's. My sisters and I cooked her a nice dinner, and had yummy cheescake afterward. I had a long chat with my sister, played with my son and laughed with my hubby. It was a great way to end a great weekend celebrating my opportunity and blessing to be a mother. I felt so loved and I am so thankful for all of it:)

4 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

First of all, you have a rockin bod! Seriously impressive. You need to teach me to look like you. :) Maybe do a post with some tips or something, ha ha! Secondly, I am truly in love with that bike. I have always wanted one like that and it looks so great on you! Sounds like you had a fabulous mother's day! Joe is so sweet to you! (I really, reaaally hope it all works out--fingers crossed, it's looking good so far;)

Brooke said...

What a great weekend! You are looking very fit and toned Heather. Way to be :)

The Carlsens said...

I first need to comment on your smokin' body. Geeze, you are killin' it. The bike is nice too :) Love you guys!

Heather said...

I just had to comment, you girls are funny! I think I look more toned than normal because at this point I was screeching in delight, and when that happens every muscle tightens, you know? I don't think I look this toned all the time, but thanks for the compliments! I do work hard to stay fit!