Recent Posts

Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo! I thought it would be fun to have some mexican food and a pinata for the kiddos. It turned out to be way fun. I made fajitas with homemade guacamole, torillas and all the trimmings. We had chips and salsa from Los Hermanos, the best in the west I say. It was all delicious. We had my parents, and Caleb and Stephanie over for dinner, it was great to have them all over. I was babysittying Calvin and Camden last night, so I also thought it would be a blast to have a pinata. I found one at a Mexican market here in town. It was a finding Nemo pinata. Dallin screamed with joy when he saw it. Nemo! Nemo! He kept saying. It was pretty cute.

Gwen and Gerritt and their kids, Xander, Axel and Lacy came over for the pinata busting. Each child took a turn taking a swing. The younger ones, didn't quite get it at first, and Dallin ended up just jabbing it. LOL. But in the end Xander gave it a good bashing and the candy went a flyin!

Lacy bug taking a swing

Calvin giving it a go, he didn't like it much....grandpa gave him a good push along.


Axel swinging away.


Dallin giving a a good swing also, but in the end just started stabbing it.

Xander giving it a good bashing, you can see in the picture below, he gets some good air!

Children getting their spoils.


Dallin enjoying his sucker, it was his favorite part.


Our little family.

It was a fun night and we enjoyed having our family over, what a treat! Lucky me I have leftover for lunch today! Hooray!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Heather, I love you! What an amazing little party and a perfect idea to have a pinata! Awesome. We are enjoying leftovers from our festivities yesterday, too! YUM. You are such a fun mom.

Brooke said...

Heather how great do you look in your cute outfit?! You are super great to play a Cinco de Mayo party. Love it.