Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

36 weeks!!!!

36 weeks with twins


35 weeks with twins

Oh my I am growing. I just didn't have the motivation to post last week when I was 35 weeks, but I provided a picture nonetheless. I am 36 weeks this week and I sure am feeling the stretch. My ligaments are stretching to the extreme. They feel like someone is literally tearing my stomach apart with their bare hands. It hurts to the touch and sleeping.....well, just forget about it. I can't wait to be done.

Went to the doctors for an Ultra sound and NST yesterday. Everything looked great! The boys are as follows:

Blake: 7 pounds
Matthew: 6 lbs.

I can't believe I already have 13 pounds of baby in there. You know the craziest part? I went to the OB this morning and I am not even dilating, not even a little. I might just take this pregnancy full term to 38 weeks. If so, I will be induced February 21st. I am now counting down the days. I do have to admit, with all the pain and everything, it is still such a blessing. My doctor said only about 2 % of all the twins he has delivered (out of about 900 sets) have made it to 38 weeks. What an accomplishment that would be if I could make it all the way. I am not feeling too great, I am in so much pain, but the doctor is helping to focus on the part that is good. These babies would be so healthy and most likely would come home with me. He keeps telling me the pain I feel now can not even compare to the pain I would feel watching one of my babes or both, struggle to breath in the NICU or struggle to eat. I agree wholeheartedly. I will just hang in there and count my blessings, that they are still in there and healthy and strong so far:)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Heather, you are awesome! You can make it. It would be so awesome if the boys didn't have to visit the NICU on the way home. The NICU isn't very fun. We'll be thinking about you guys. Can't believe you have 13 pounds of baby inside you! That is so awesome.

TJ and Stephanie said...

Eeeehhh! I am so excited for you! I have been thinking about you lately and was getting a little nervous/anxious since you hadn't posted anything in a week. I am glad all is going well and that your boys are healthy. You are such a trooper! Good luck, I cannot wait to see pictures of them!!

The Carlsens said...

You are so strong Heather!!!

Suzanne said...

You are amazing Heather! I can't even wait to see these little boys. You have such a great perspective, I am sure it is not easy. Hang in there! They will be in your arms before you know it. Oh and congrats on all of the exciting things going on with you guys, Matt talked to Joe and it sounds like everything is falling into place for you! SO happy!