Recent Posts

Monday, January 23, 2012

Our first boy

I have realized, what with this pregnancy and all, I haven't done an update of my first born in way too long. The light of my life. The little man. The goofball.

I wanted to take some time to write about this little man that I love so very much.

He is getting so big. He loves to run, jump, be a plane, be a helicopter, be a car and last but not least, he LOVES to play that he is a robot.

His imagination astounds me. He is learning to play by himself and I just love to watch as his little imagination comes alive. He can make any object into whatever he desires it to be. His dialogue with his toys is so funny and clever. I love to watch him as he explores the imagination only his mind can grasp and see. I just get to behold this wondrous boy grow and I love it so much.

His smile pretty much melts my heart. He loves his mommy and I love him. He adores and loves his Daddy and his Daddy adores and loves him. Joe and I keep saying, "is it really possible to love more children the way we love Dallin?" I sure hope so. My heart seems like it will already burst it is filled with so much love for him already.

He says the funniest things and sweetest things. Like:

Mom, I'm a robot and I'm charging( as he stands still) I can't move until I'm done.
Mom, I'm not a big boy, I'm Dallin.
Mom, chocolate milk is sooooo good. It's yummy, I love it.
Mom, I love you, you are so pretty.
Mom, I have a surprise for you...(stands with something behind his back), Surprise (as he whips out any object he happens to find on the ground from behind his back)
Mom, guess what...Me: What? Dallin: I love you!
Mom, I don't need to sleep, I'm a robot...robot, robot, robot (in a robot voice)

And the list could go on. He is so hilarious, so fun and so full of energy. We are working on his temper tantrums, as a two year old he is bound to have them, but he is learning quickly and I just love to see him process the information.

You can literally see his little mind at work as he grows and learns. His face contorts in concentrations and he will ask me follow up questions. He is such a smart boy and I love to see him grow.

He loves his doggy still and carries it everywhere with him. I don't know how long this attachment will last, but my guess is right before kindergarten.

He is so big. He really is. He is measuring the size of a four year old. He is close to 41 inches tall and not even 3 years old yet. He wears 4T's and even some of them are getting small. For this reason he is judged a little harshly by others. I think they expect him to act more mature, to be more well behaved and to be more obedient than he is. I have to keep reminding them and myself that he is only 2. He is so smart and so well behaved for a two year old and I need to stop others and myself from holding him to too high a standard. It's hard to remember he is two at times, when he dwarfs the other 2 year old's all the time.

He is such a sweetheart. He is always picking things off the ground for me, he is always kissing my owies (right now its my ginormous belly). He says he loves me constantly and like he picked up from the movie "Tangled," he often tells me he "Loves me most." I love him so much and I am so glad he came to our family. I can't imagine my life without him.

1 comment:

Grandma Hansen said...

I am so looking forward to playing with the "robot"! We will go everywhere, he is so fun to be with. I think you and Joe are the perfect parents for Dallin.