Recent Posts

Saturday, January 7, 2012

32 weeks and Growing!!!

32 weeks pregnant with Twins

This week was one of a lot of stretching and pain. I could feel my ligaments stretching to their maximum and yet, they will keep right on stretching. I hit a milestone this week, 32 weeks is a great week for these babies. They are statistically clear of things like scoliosis and spine-abifida. All the medical research shows that if they came today, they would be much healthier than just one week ago. Exciting right?

Things are stretching like I said and my body just keeps on taking it on each week. The babies are moving like crazy. We get to see them on Tuesday again and I am excited to see just how large they are now. I am guessing almost 5 pounds, because my Maternal fetal Medicine doctor is predicting 7 lb. babies, so I would think they need to be quite large at this point.

It is amazing to me that I have two human bodies inside me, growing and developing. When I was pregnant with Dallin I was in awe of the whole miracle of child bearing, but this is even beyond what I felt with Dallin. I can just not believe it sometimes, that there are two. We feel so blessed and I feel so blessed to be their mama. I am so thankful this week, even with the pains and the stretching, I just keep thinking back to those hard years of trying to conceive and can't be anything but grateful that I have these two little ones inside me. I feel so blessed this week and I can't wait to meet them....

But hopefully still in 5 weeks and no less:)

I officially hit my 30 lb. weight gain this week. Good bye goal of staying under or reaching 30 lbs. I figure if I can just keep the weight gain around a pound a week, I will be good with a 35 pound weight gain, since that is actually the overall recommended weight gain for someone of my height and starting weight, I will be proud of myself.



3 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

Heather, you are so beautiful and definitely ALL belly. I can't believe you are getting so close!!! I am so excited for you guys.

The Carlsens said...

You are so gorgeous Heather :)

TJ and Stephanie said...

You are Awesome Heather! I love reading your blog and seeing your growing belly! :) you look great especially for having TWO in there!