Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

They thought they were coming Today...but no.

Close call today.

Went in for a non-stress test. My contractions were so strong, the Perionatologist thought I was in labor or some form of it. They admitted me into Labor and Delivery. After 4 tests, and being hooked up to a monitor for 4 hours, and one very strong shot, they determined, that right now I am just having some very strong contractions, but I am not in active labor (thank goodness).

I admit, I got scared there for awhile. I watched the monitor as my contractions came and went and I was reminded all to closely about my labor with Dallin. The contractions were about the same, and they were piggy-backing each other like they did with Dallin. I was so relieved when the cultures and samples came back negative. Apparently, there is some protein, or enzyme that is only present in your cervix during active labor and there wasn't any today. I am so glad. Plus I am only dilated to a 1 and some women, in fact, most women, can stay at a one for weeks.

After 6 hours in the hospital I was finally able to go home. I have never been so thankful to be leaving a hospital before. It was hard being there by myself for most of it. Joe had to work and had appointments he just couldn't miss, so for the most part I was alone and it was not something I want to do again anytime soon.

I have to go back tomorrow for more observation. They gave me a nice shot of steroids to help the babies lungs develop quicker, just in case. I will get another one tomorrow. They stick it right into your backside and let me tell you, it hurts worse than getting an epidural into your spine. My bum burned for like an hour. More info than some might want to know, but hey.

Let's hope tomorrow goes more smoothly than today and I get to come home after a couple hours and not several. I just want these boys to be healthy and strong. Stay in there little ones, you don't need to make your debut any time soon....at least not for four more weeks please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gracious! So sorry you had to go through all that but so glad everything seems okay for now. I hope your follow ups have been non eventful. Praying that you will have a quiet next few weeks! Take care!