Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

33 weeks!


33 weeks with twins!

It is getting so close now. This last week we finally got both cribs all put together, with mattress, bumpers and blankets. I bought like 30 onesies, and I am sure that won't be enough. I stocked up on diapers and got my hospital bag ready to go. It is hitting me just how soon these little guys are going to come.

Striking a pose, I actually thought this one was funny, so I put it up, and now that I see it on here, I think my belly looks smaller than any other picture this week, LOL:)

Really, it seems so surreal this week. I could deliver next week at 34 weeks and they most likely wouldn't have to go into the NICU. I just can hardly wait to meet them. I am at the point now where I am in so much pain, I just want it to be over and have them in my arms. I know the nights will be sleepless and I will be recovering from a whole other injury, but I can not wait to finally be able to walk up stairs without being completely out of breath, or to have my quads and legs burn like I just ran for 3 miles. I can't wait to be able to bend over again, to sleep on my back again. But, most of all I can't wait to hold these little boys at last. To finally see what they look like, to kiss their little hands and feet and meet the ones that have made me realize how hard of things I can really accomplish. Being pregnant with twins has been the hardest thing I have ever done. Harder than my facial reconstruction, harder than my college career, harder than adjusting to married life. This pregnancy has been emotionally trying and physically taxing beyond anything I have ever been through. But, I know, that these little boys are going to bring such joy to Joe and I. I can picture Dallin playing with them a few years from now when they are the age of the 3, and Dallin is almost 6. I think they will be best friends and that thought makes all that I am going through sooo worth it:)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't believe you are getting so close! You are doing and looking great. I can't wait to see the little men either. :)

Suzanne said...

Heather! Oh man girly I am feeling for you. After a long day yesterday my body was just aching and I told Matt that I can't imagine what you must be feeling. It sounds like you are keeping good perspective. You look absolutely fabulous! They are coming...so SOON! Keep hanging in there.