Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

tide pool

That is the color of the paint that I repainted our bedroom with. I decided after two years of living in our home that I would finally make my bedroom, my own. Here are the pictures of what our bedroom looked like before. The paint was there before we moved in, and all the items in the room were things I had before we moved here, and they were just odds and ends. I felt the bedroom was too gloomy and not bright and relaxing like I wanted our room to be.



So I wanted a bright color, but not super bright and I saw these new throw pillows at JCpenny and they were the perfect color, so I redecorated around that color. I painted the walls, and put strips of high gloss and flat paint on the bottom of the chair rail. I bought some new sheets, and little decorations. Total cost $75.46 (not including sheets, we needed some new ones anyways, so I am not adding that into my total.)

I think it turned out wonderful...


This by far my favorite part of this little project. They are paper mache cherry blossoms. I just got some branches off the tree in my back yard, made some paper mache cherry blossoms and put them together with floral tape. They actually turned out much better than I was envisioning. I loved it! And it was so much fun making them.

So fun! We love our bedroom now! Joe loves to stay in bed on Saturday's now and just hang out for a little while. We never did that before because it didn't feel like we could before. I love what a few bucks can do to a room!

6 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

Heather! I LOVE IT!!! Aren't redesigns the BEST? I feel the same about our bedroom, it transforms the way you feel when you are in it. Bravo, I love the colors! I wish we lived closer, it'd be fun to bounce ideas and go shopping for cheap decor.:) I guess the blog will have to do. Looks fantastic!

Matt and Suzanne said...

I forgot to say that those paper mache blossoms are brilliant!

The Carlsens said...

LOVE IT HEATHER! YOU ARE SO AMAZING AT THIS!!! WHENEVER WE BUY A HOUSE YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE ME STEP BY STEP TO DECORATE!!!!!
Okay, well maybe I need help decorating now. Do you also help with decluttering? Just curious... : )

Brooke said...

Wow Heather, I love your color scheme and those flowers. You are amazing. I've always thought you had a gift for this though. Your house is SO cute.

The NC Hansens said...

It is definately brighter - and less depressing. You did good.

Blacks said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I have been missing out! you guys are the cutest little family and i cant believe dallin is going to be one pretty soon here! I love your remodeling job by the way.