Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

29 weeks with Twins

Okay, I am only a couple days shy of being 30 weeks, but I had to post this 29 week pic for posterity sake. Here I am at 29.5 weeks pregnant with twins. We went to a family Christmas party Sunday and I got all the expected looks and comments from my unexpected extended family. Most of them didn't know I was having twins, so when they found out I was due in February, their eyes would go all wide and they would go silent. Pretty funny for me to witness.

I measured full term almost two weeks ago, and so since then I have just gotten larger and larger, and passing up the full term status quo has been well, humbling. I am feeling the discomfort big time and really rely on Joe's help. He got a cortisone shot in his back a few days ago and has been able to help a lot more. And I let him. It is hard though to not pick Dallin up as much as I used to. To not play with him as much as I used to, but I had to realize and finally except that I can't do as much as I used to.

These babies are healthy and strong and soon, they will be 4 pounds. I can hardly believe it. I hope they come around 37 weeks, that would be ideal. We will see though, I know they will come on their own timeline, nothing much I can do about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying reading your blog and looking at your pictures. I just found out 5 weeks ago that I am expecting identical twin girls! These are my husband's and my first children, and it is nice to have your blog to help me know what to expect in the upcoming weeks (I am22 weeks right now). You and I appear to be about the same pre-pregnancy size, so it is also fun to look at your pictures knowing that I will likely look similar in a few weeks. You look absolutely great, and I am praying that you have an uneventful pregnancy that results in two very healthy babies! Keep the posts coming!

Stephanie

Suzanne said...

Heather, you are absolutely amazing! You may not feel it but you LOOK fantastic. Keep hanging in there. p.s. i love your cute little Christmas apron! I seriously can't wait to see these cute boys.

Heather said...

Stephanie, thanks! Congrats on the twin girls! Do you have a blog too? I would love to see your progress too. 22 weeks was about the time, my belly really started to grow, get ready, you are in for a wild experience, but awesome at the same time:)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! No, I do not have a blog...would like to start one some time, though. Maybe I should start it to chronicle the adventures with the babies (or maybe I have lost my mind and won't have time to turn on the computer, much less maintain a blog!). I hope ya'll had a very blessed Christmas! We most certainly did. I feel like I am growing at an astronomical rate. I feel Baby A move quite a bit but not so much with Baby B. I am thinking she may have moved since my last ultrasound, at 17 weeks. I have my next one at 25 weeks, so we'll see then. How frequently are you having ultrasounds? I can definitely identify with you that I am not able to do some things now...I kept my 13 month old nephew last night, I am wearing myself out trying to keep up with him! :) Let's keep in touch.