Recent Posts

Friday, December 9, 2011

28 weeks with Twins

(28 weeks with Twins)

I am currently 28 weeks along with these two little boys and I feel just so huge! I went to the doctor for my 28 week checkup and he said I am measuring full term, that's 40 weeks according to him. Yikes! I can not believe how fast this tummy of mine is growing. I look like I am ready to deliver, but I have so many more weeks to go. 10 more to be exact. I just can't wait to meet them.

Joe hurt his back again over Thanksgiving,( darn back just won't heal, poor Joe) and so for the last two weeks I have had to do most everything on my own. It has been a very hard two weeks. I can't bend down easily and so just simple things like picking up after Dallin, or sweeping the floor, emptying out the dishwasher, etc are becoming sooo much work. I find I am constantly stopping to catch my breath and I am just plain tuckered out. I have cried that last two weeks more than I think I have in the last year. I am one emotional mama, so watch out! I am hoping to get the nesting instinct soon as well as the energy that accompanies it, because I could sure use some of it.

The boys are doing great and so am I, regardless of my previous complaints. Just tired, sore and tired. Contractions are coming almost every night now. Painful ones that leave me just wondering how in the world I am not in labor. But, the next morning finds me fit as a fiddle and with no contractions in sight. Let's hope it stays that way for at least for another 8 weeks. I don't want these boys coming before they can get all healthy and strong on their own in there. This week does mark a huge milestone for them. If they were born, they would most likely survive, so here is to baby viability. Hooray!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ahh!! Heather, I love it. I can't believe you have two babies in there. Well...I guess I can believe it from the pictures. I have GOT to see you in person before you deliver! You look beautiful though. Really, no one pregnant with twins should look that good. Oh, hang in there. You're so positive but I know you must just be dying. Good luck. See ya soon.