Recent Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011


(us at Times Square)

So a lot happened this summer, a lot of which I have yet to write about...please forgive me. I have been sick (pregnant with TWINS!!! hooray) and so much has been going on. I plan to write all of it, so I can have it to remember. I will start from recent events and then go from there, working my way back to the beginning of the summer.... a little backward I know, but at least I am doing it:)


Just a couple weeks ago Joe and I got to go to New York. One of our businesses, "Flirty Aprons", had a gourmet housewares show that we needed to attend. And since our partners were having a baby at this time, Joe and I got to go. Needless to say I was pretty psyched and couldn't wait to go. I have always wanted to go to New York and was glad I would get my chance. Dallin stayed behind here in Utah with Grandma Hansen, who so kindly flew all the way from New Mexico to take care of him. We headed out to New York August 12th. A shuttle picked us up in the wee morning hours. I didn't get to say good morning and good bye to Dallin which was very difficult for me, but he seemed to be fine when we Skyped later that day. Our plan ride was long and super smelly (thank you pregnant nose), but we finally arrived in New York that evening. As there was a lot that happened in New York, I am going to write it in segments.


The first day we got there, it was pretty late, so we just went and ate at a pizzeria close to our hotel, the Hilton (fancy, I know). The pizzeria was called Bella Napoli and it was DIVINE. I think they have the best minestrone soup ever! We also ordered a small pizza and they accidentally made a large. It was huge!!! We didn't have room to eat it all, not even close, so we took the rest back to the hotel. We tried eating it the rest of the night, off and on, but to no avail. Most of that yummy pizza had a nice date with the trash can. I had a hard time letting it go, it was so goooood!

The next day, we set up our booth at the show and then headed to Times Square. To get there we took the subway. Wow and Hot! is all I got to say about that. Times Square was awesome. There are so many things to look at, stores to go to and people there, that I don't think you could get bored, but you can get overwhelmed:)

Joe bought a hat from a Yankee store, I bought candy from the Nestle store and of course we had to go to the M & M store, umm can you say YUMMMM!?


The M & M store was full of anything and everything M&M, and since I love this candy, you can imagine my pleasure. I got a bag full of pink, purple and blue peanut M&M's. You can make your own color combination, which I think would be fantastic for wedding favors. To bad there isn't one of these stores closer. It was fun and so tasty.
Joe with Lady Liberty...sorta

Forgive my crazy face, I was laughing pretty hard. I tried to hug him, but he wouldn't let me. He only would hold my hand....awkward for me...he.

We got a Jamba juice on our way back and it was so nice, and so is HOTT in New York. The Jamba Juice cooled me right down. We took the subway back and got to our hotel that night safe and sound. It was so great to just walk around and see the sights with my hubby.

More to come.....


Brooke said...

Such fun pictures Heather! The lighting was awesome. I LOVE new york. I'm so glad you got to go.

Grandma Hansen said...

I really enjoyed Dallin and our vacation from mommy and daddy while they were in New York. He is so fun and we played every day! I'm such a lucky grandma.

Suzanne said...

oooh keep em coming! Loved all of your cute pictures. NY pizza is amazing, we'll have to try that place next time we go. Oh, and were you lucky enough to see the surprise mullet left for joe?hahaha